More Than A Tick Box has one key focus – perinatal mental health.
We are proud to speak up and support all those impacted by perinatal mental health. We are here to help you manage your mental heath in everyday life – at home, as a mother, at work, as a partner.
Do you ever feel like you are just filling in forms for the sake of it? As a tick box exercise?
We want you to be More Than A Tick Box exercise at the doctors, at home or in the workplace. Too many of us are left feeling isolated, confused, anxious and upset because we don’t receive the support we need at one of the most important times of our life. We don’t want to be rushed through a GP’s checklist questions at our six week check up. We don’t want to be seen as just a resource number at work.
Perinatal Mental Health
We know that one in five new mothers develop a mental health condition in pregnancy and around the time of the birth of their child and some 30,000 more women need specialist services. These women are a priority because if left untreated, this can turn into a lifelong illness, proven to increase the likelihood of poor outcomes for both the mother and their new baby.
We want this to change – it NEEDS to change.
We are here to share personal experiences, campaign for change, share our research, create support tools and more.
What we do
- Campaigning for early intervention to be available for ALL those affected by perinatal mental health.
- Developing support tools and making them available for partners, family and siblings.
- Speaking up about our experiences and others so we can eradicate the stigma around perinatal mental health. We are taking ACTION and driving CHANGE.
- Supporting mums suffering with perinatal mental health as they prepare for maternity leave and their subsequent return to work. We want you to feel confident enough to make the right decisions for you and your family.
To learn more about the More Than A Tick Box campaign click here
To read the latest articles on head over to our blog pages or scroll down.
We’d love to hear from you if you’d like to
- Write a guest blog post
- Want us to speak about our experiences
- Learn more about the services we offer
- Collaboration ideas and opportunities
If you’d like to speak to us you can send us a email and we will get in touch with you shortly.