Parent Returner Coaching
Preparing for maternity leave & return to work
Preparing for maternity leave and return to work can be extremely stressful for mums. Parent Returner Coaching guides you through this time so you can concentrate on you & baby.
Not sure if you need it? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you feeling nervous about your impending maternity leave?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed with everything you need to do, your pregnancy & looking after your mental health?
- Do you feel anxious about returning to work? Not sure what to expect or what plans you need to have in place?
Do you feel overwhelmed and mentally drained?
If you answered Yes to any of these, we can help.
“Be brave. The heart of a working mom is like the heart of a warrior.”
Claudia Goettig Powell
I was always ambitious and wanted to make a difference. After 15 years in a corporate role, specialising in learning and development, business transformation and performance, I realised I had everything I’d aimed for except I didn’t feel fulfilled. Even making it to board level, influencing the direction of the business, managing the impact on colleagues and helping shape a conscious organisation, I still didn’t feel like I was making a difference.
Whilst pregnant with my second son I suffered with antenatal depression and it had a huge impact on my family life. I continued to work and put a brave face on but at home everything was falling to pieces. When my son arrived I wanted to spend more time bonding with him but I also had to recover from the turmoil of the effects of pregnancy and childbirth. The sleep deprivation, overwhelming responsibilities and lack of time for myself put me on an emotional rollercoaster. All this coupled with the expectation of reporting back to work after a few months of maternity leave shattered every piece of me.
Within a year of returning to work, I realised my heart wasn’t in it, I struggled to motivate myself and the effect it was having on my family was becoming more obvious. I made the decision to quit my job and embarked on starting my own business, in a bid to grow beyond my perceived boundaries.
It is said that you can’t understand someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes. Being a mother who has struggled to strike a balance between my family and my job, my purpose is to reach out to mothers struggling with the thought of going back to work. I have embarked on programs to help them with their mindset, general well being and navigate career options suitable to help them achieve their dreams.
It’s this journey of personal improvement that my signature coaching programmes were born. I’m passionate about helping mums so they don’t have to feel the despair and upset that I did.
Who is coaching for?
- New mums feeling anxious about their maternity leave or returning to work
- Those feeling overwhelmed and lacking direction
- Mums who want to achieve personal goals but don’t now where to begin
- Mums who want someone to guide them through planning their next steps
- Women that are struggling to manage work/life balance
- Those who want to be in the very best place they can be emotionally and mentally so they can enjoy being a working mum
How can I help you?
Parent Returner Coaching supports you as you prepare for maternity leave and your return to work. We focus on three areas:
- Work – The practical elements such as how to create a handover, legal rights, return dates, career plans, KIT days & plans.
- Home – Childcare plans, work/home balance, routines, financial, support networks & time management.
- Health – Managing your mental, emotional & physical wellbeing, mindset so we can reduce the feelings of anxiety, overwhelm and upset.
I can help you to get moving and cope with the fears and doubts that are an inevitable part of this journey.
We will explore your current situation and create a plan that will leave you feeling well balanced, energised and confident.
Going from maternity leave to working mum overnight is never easy, but our coaching ensures you can go back to work feeling confident, focused and happy. We offer two coaching options – a one off bespoke call or ongoing one-to-one coaching.
If you would like your employer to contribute towards the cost of coaching, please let us know.
Bespoke 90 minute planning session online.
- Pre-session Questionnaire
- 1:1 90 minute via Skype / Zoom call
- Recording (lifetime access)
- Full recommendations report
- Bespoke Return To Work Plan
- Mum Mindset Makeover Workbook
One to One Coaching
- A welcome pack
- 6 Phone/Skype calls – fortnightly or monthly depending on your circumstances (standalone value over £500)
- Check-in messages as you need personal advice
- Workbooks, and printable forms to support your journey (standalone value £50)
- Personalised return-to-work plan
- Ongoing support and follow-up session after 3 months (standalone value £99)